1. Who we are
We are an independent agency based in York and registered in England & Wales under No 13182526. We don’t currently possess any physical office as all our team members work remotely. If you ever need to contact us, please refer to the contact us page at topflightagency.com/contact-us.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact our data protection team by our contact email address: at [email protected]
The privacy notice governs the collection, storage and use of personal information collected by topflight Agency via our website and any third parties used by us.
2. Dealing with Children
We do not and will not knowingly process information from any unsupervised child under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you are not permitted to interact with or provide any data via this website or via any of our platforms unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
3. How we collect information
We will collect information from you if you:
- Register to our website: this will include your name, company name, address, email address and VAT number and payment details;
- Complete online forms, take part in surveys, write posts or comments on any message boards, enter any competitions or prize draws, download or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website or which we offer to you from time to time;
- Submit personal information related to job opportunities or professional collaborations;
- Provide your contact details when you register to use or access any product or service we provide; or
- Contact us offline for example by telephone, fax, email or post.
We also collect information about your visit to our website or use of our products or services using cookies or similar technologies (as described below).
4. What we use your information for
We use your information to provide any information and services that you have requested or any products that you have ordered:
- To allow us to create an account for you;
- To allow us to receive payment for products and services provided;
- To allow us to respond to communications from you;
- To include your profile in any of our recruitment processes where the candidate could be a potential employee or an external company/freelance;
- To allow us to respond to support requests;
- To notify you of service updates and fixes;
- We may use your information for marketing purposes, although we will only do so if you have specifically consented for us to do so; or
- We may use and analyse the information that we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our website and the products and services we offer.
Personal information is processed only in accordance with our legitimate interest in providing products and services to you and monitoring and improving the use and satisfaction of our website and tools.
5. The legal basis for processing personal data is:
Legal Obligation: We are required by law to retain certain types of data, including financial records so that we can respond to a request to audit our business. If we are required to disclose any information to an official third party or authority we will only do so where we are legally obliged to.
Legitimate Interest: It is in our legitimate interest to monitor legitimate use of our products.
Consent: When you sign up or complete forms via our website, we may request your explicit consent to collect and store your personal data.
6. Data Storage
Your data is stored in secure data centres located in the United Kingdom.
Access to this data is restricted to authorised personnel only.
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
7. Sharing your information
We will never sell your information to third parties.
We will never use your personal details for marketing purposes unless you have specifically consented to us doing so.
We may share your information with third party service providers who assist us in proving our services.
We will disclose your information if we are required to by law. We may disclose your information to enforcement authorities if they ask us to, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so without breaching data protection laws.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you with details about our services which we feel may be of interest to you, however, we will only do so where we have specific agreement from you to do so.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise these rights you can do so by sending us an email to [email protected]
10. Data Retention
Your data will be stored for the duration of your enquiry, contract, or dealings with us. We may be required to store your data for longer to comply with legal, contractual or compliance obligations.
11. What are your rights
- You have the right, at any time and free of charge, to ask us to provide you with copies of all personal information we hold about you.
- You have the right to ask us to amend, correct or update any personal information we hold about you.
- You can request to opt out of any marketing communications you may receive from us.
- You have the right to request we delete any personal information that we hold. In some cases we may not be able to stop using your personal information but, if that is the case, we will explain this to you and provide the reason.
For further information in relation to your rights, contact: [email protected]
12. Cookies and Similar Technologies
“Cookies” are small text files which are transferred from our website, product or service and stored on your computer’s hard drive. We use a combination of cookies to help us provide you with a personalised service, and also to help make our websites, products and services better for you.
We use the following different types of cookies:
These are temporary cookies which are deleted when you close your browser or leave your session in the product or service. We use session cookies on our websites and in some of our products or services to identify and track users.
Persistent cookies enable our websites, product or service to “remember” who you are and to remember your preferences on our website. Persistent cookies will stay on your computer or device after you close your browser or leave your session in the product or service.
We use persistent cookies on our websites and in some of our products or services to identify and track users and to remember what is in your shopping basket (where relevant). We may also use persistent cookies and similar technologies in our products or services from time to time where this enables us to offer you certain features of the product or service or where it may help us to improve the product or service.
Web analytics cookies and similar technologies
Our websites, products and services use several third-party web analytics cookies and similar technologies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how such visitors move around the website, product or service. This helps us make our service to you better and also help us to contact you with details about our products and services which we feel may be of interest to you.
IP address and parameter tracking
We keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by our server, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the website that you visited before ours, the website you visit after leaving our site. We also collect some site, product and service statistics such as access rates, page hits and page views. We are not able to identify any individual from these traffic data or site statistics alone.
Third party technology
We sometimes use the technology of a third party service provider to collect information about browsing activity on certain pages of our website by tracking/identifying the IP address that you use when you access those pages. We only track/identify your IP address whilst you are using our website and do not track the IP address when you leave our website.
This third party technology will expire after you close your browser or leave your session in the product or service. Our third party service provider collects information about which organisations are accessing our website and we may use that information to contact those organisations about our products and services that we feel may be of interest.
Change your cookie and similar technology preferences
You may be able to configure your browser to restrict or block cookies and similar technologies if you wish, however, if you disable those you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website, products or services. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings to accept, delete or reject cookies and similar technologies, see the Internet Advertising Bureau website www.youronlinechoices.com.
14. Other Sites
If you follow a link from our website, product or service to another site or service, this policy will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites or services and we encourage you to read the privacy policies appearing on those sites or services.
15. Right to complain
If you believe that we are not holding your information correctly or are unhappy at any dealings with us regarding your information you may complain to the Information Commissioners Office. You can do this via their website https://ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling 0303 123 1113.